Areola restoration is a soft and hyper realistic, non-invasive permanent work of art that should restore beauty and be undetectable.
The results and longevity of your tattoo will depend greatly on how you take care of your areolas during the healing process and beyond. Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and color retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and we cannot guarantee your results.
PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE
- No sauna or tanning 1 week prior
- No blood thinners or pain killers
- No working out day of
- No alcohol in your system
- Must be at least 12 weeks post op with healed wounds
- No antibiotics 2 months prior
*Not following these rules will result in forfeiting your appointment and deposit
AREOLA POST PROCEDURE
When you get home, you can remove the bandages.
You will need to wash areolas before bed with luke warm water and unscented soap or cleanser. Apply the aftercare that is given to you by studio meraki in a thin layer after cleaning. Make sure hands are clean before you touch your tattoos and before you wash them. Repeat in the morning. You will continue this for 5 days minimum. Please remember this is a new tattoo and should be cared for like an open wound. Do not over saturate with aftercare balm and lotions. You don’t want to let the area get too dried out either. You will switch to unscented lotion for 2 weeks, such as lubriderm or cetaphil, after your 5 days of aftercare balm. Limit the wear of a tight bra for the first 48 hours, you will need to let the area breathe as much as possible during the healing process.
See below list for more details of the do’s and don’ts during healing.
WHAT TO AVOID DURING HEALING PROCESS
- No application of any scented lotions or tanning lotions for first 2 weeks.
- No scratching, picking or peeling any dry skin or flakiness.
- No foreign body fluids in or around the tattoo for 5 days.
- No activities that will cause extreme sweating for 5 days.
No swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 5 days.
- No uv exposure (including tanning booths) for 5 days.
No laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment of the tattoo color.
- No exfoliants, retinol acids, glycolic acids and alpha hydroxy acids on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- No massages, facials or skin treatments for 5 days.
AFTER YOU’VE HEALED
Areola tattoos normally last many years depending on lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 spf or greater) on the area if exposed.
Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the areola, as it will cause fading.
Do not do laser near your areola tattoo area (ipl). Some lasers may change the color of the ink.
Additional touch ups may be needed after a few years to keep them looking fresh, bold and 3d.
Contact Us Today For a Free Consultation
To schedule a complimentary consultation for FaceBody, please send an email to email@example.com or call 509-913-8301