Velvet Lip Blush
There is minimal pain and no downtime!
LIP BLUSH CARE
The results and longevity of your tattoo will depend greatly on how you take care of your brows during the healing process and beyond. Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and color retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and we cannot guarantee your results.
PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE
- No alcohol 24 hours prior
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding
- No caffeine the day of
- No blood thinners
- If you suffer from cold sores, you need to be taking acyclovir at least 3 days prior to your appointment and continue to take it 3 days after your procedure.
- No botox in lip area or lip filler/injections 3 weeks prior to procedure
- No deep exfoliation 2 weeks prior (ex. Chemical peel)
- No antibiotics 2 months prior
*Not following these rules will result in forfeiting your appointment and deposit
LIP POST PROCEDURE
You will wash lips before bed with luke warm water and unscented soap or cleanser. Apply the aftercare that is given to you by Studio Meraki in a thin layer after cleaning. Make sure hands are clean before you touch your lips and wash them. Repeat in the morning. You will continue this for 5 days minimum. Please remember this is a new tattoo and should be cared for like an open wound. Do not over saturate with healing balm and do not let the lips get too dried out either. See below list for more details of the do’s and dont’s during healing.
WHAT TO AVOID DURING HEALING PROCESS
- No application of any lip makeup for 1 week other than the healing balm that is given to you.
- No scratching, picking or licking of dry skin or flakiness.
- No super spicy foods during the first 24 hours.
- No foreign body fluids in or around the lips for 5 days.
- No activities that will cause extreme sweating for 5 days.
- No swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 5 days.
- No uv exposure (including tanning booths) for 5 days.
- No laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment of the lip color.
- No exfoliants, retinol acids, glycolic acids and alpha hydroxy acids on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- No massages, facials or skin treatments for 5 days.
AFTER YOU’VE HEALED
- Lip tattoos normally last 2-3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (20 spf or greater) on lip area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the lips, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser near your lip area (ipl). Some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- Additional lip makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look. Lip color tattooing is meant to look natural and add a flushed look. It will not replace lipstick.
What is Lip Blushing?
Lip Blushing is a form of semi-permanent makeup. Essentially, it is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the beauty of the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness. Although Lip Blushing does not replace lipstick entirely, it is the perfect way to add a pop of color to your lips!
What is Lip Correction?
Lip Correction is where we will go in and correct areas in the lips where there may be a missing or dissolved border and can even involve a scar in the area as well. When we go in to do a lip correction, there may be additional touch-ups needed other than just the initial one, but either way, we strive to get you to your desired outcome.
What Is Dark Lip Neutralization?
Dark Lip Neutralization is a specialized treatment series for those with cool or dark lips in which we neutralize the darkness in the lips to reach a desired color. We look at your lips and neutralize them by cancelling out the original color. With dark lip neutralization, we include the initial appointment as well as 2 touch ups, if needed. Each session is spread out at least 6 weeks apart. It may take 1-3 sessions to achieve your look, and there are special cases in which additional sessions are needed. Typically, we will do dark lip neutralization in those who are Fitzpatrick Scale 3 and up.
Permanent lip liner and lip color treatments can improve the appearance of lips for both women and men. It helps the lips to appear more defined and fuller, without surgery or fillers. These lip treatments can also aid in restoring color to lips that are too pale or need that extra something!
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect?
- There will be moderate swelling, and redness for the first couple of days.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- Expect the color to eventually lighten by up to 40% once the healing process is complete.
- Color may appear uneven at different stages of healing. Be patient. ?
- This is a process that does not yield immediate results.
Will I still have to wear lipstick?
- This is up to the look each individual is trying to achieve. The colors I tattoo with are natural and intended to look very natural. We can certainly enhance your natural color or add color if you’re lacking, or add a specific tint that you’re looking for, but it remains soft and natural. That way when you do decide to change it up and want to wear lipstick it will still look great over top, and can cover your tattoo with whatever color we decide to use.?
Will my lips swell?
- There will be moderate swelling.
- If needed, Apply a Ziploc bag filled with water and ice for no more than 15 minutes at a time to reduce swelling•
- ?Every person is different.
How long does it take to heal?
The healing process for lip blush takes approximately 3-4 days. In that time you may experience some dryness and texture until the lips naturally exfoliate themselves. Aquaphor or a provided barrier cream is to be applied during the healing process.
Does lip blushing remove wrinkles?
Did you know that lip blushing can help stimulate the collagen in your lips and help reduce the fine lines and wrinkles?! ? It will not entirely remove the appearance of the feathering in your lips but it does help reduce them, looking more plump and youthful!